A girl needs to hustle

00:40 Hanna Tantoco 0 Comments Category : , , , , ,

I've read a recent article on how "Gig Economy" is gaining grounds in Singapore - think freelancing, delivery concierge, independent drivers etc and even blogging. In my opinion, this is a result of humans wanting to always be busy (i.e. alone time is a no no). I myself is an advocate of this.

For example, I keep my schedule full to the brim and I stick to my engagements and appointments on time. For some people, it looks criminal. To me, it's a breath of fresh air. I like engaging in sports and activities so I go to yoga, recently pilates at least 5 times a week. I like going for drinks and brunches. I like need to do house chores and I create content for my blog and social site on a daily basis. And yes I have full-time job that is rather demanding. So with a 24-hour day, I need to be very anal on my commitments. My friends and family who already know me by now, knows that I hate people who are late and can be snarky if you're off the time for a few minutes.

I'm quite privileged that my social sites are gaining momentum and I can earn a little to fund my one true passion which is traveling. But if you're not keen to be a microinfluencer, here are other awesome ideas that a 30-something office girl can do:


1. Sell some items on Carousell
Your old bags, or that dress you wore one time. Yes, you can sell those. Scour through the contents of your home storage and I’m sure you’ll find some gems. Take some time to take clear photos of it and describe it in depth so you can avoid annoying queries.
Tip: Post during the weekend or public holidays for a quick sell

2. Join a weekend flea
I’ve done this a couple of times and it’s really good to clear a chunk of your items. Some cons to this weekend activity is that it can be musty, it can be mighty crowded and the prices need to be dirt cheap. I recommend the Fleawhere, Flea party at Lucky Plaza.
Tip: Save on the booth rental by splitting with another girl friend. It can be super intense, so just split the sales when you close shop.

3. Part-time receptionist for a yoga or fitness studio
With the advent of health and wellness, I am sure there’s a studio in your block. Either near where you work or near your home. The going rate is at $6-$10 per hour.
Tip: Go for studios that offer FREE classes for staff. So you save time by working plus working out

4. Day tour guides
The friend for a day business concept has been booming. Nope, I’m not talking about Tinder. Pally Asia is an interesting concept where you can hire people as your friends either to workout with, have dinner, party, wedding guests etc.

Tip: I don’t have one as I haven’t personally tried this ;p






RELATED POSTS

0 comments