Of losing friends, and finding yourself

06:07 Hanna Tantoco 1 Comments Category :



I turned 32 this year. Yep, gross right? My vision of my 30s is one that I am mad successful, with my own family and have a huge-ass group of friends that I’ll have a hard time choosing which group I’ll have brunch with. But you know what, that wasn’t the case at all. So I’ve been separated with my husband more than 2 years ago now. I actually think this is the first time I’ve ever formally talk about it. If this thing is even formal at all. Not everybody liked my actions. I didn’t like where my head was, nor my actions. But one thing is for sure – was that I wasn’t happy . And to me, selfish or not, 50% of the marriage life is mine and I want to be whole again.


I lost a lot of people because I’ve hurt a lot of people in the process. I don’t open up very easily, or at all because I always thought that I need to hold on to everything perfectly or else I failed. I failed once in my life, and I thought that was enough in a short lifetime.  Having said that, I tried to move on, or rather I tried to escape from the responsibility and pain. But on certain Sundays, it will hit you (Author’s note: Look up Sunday neurosis). When 2017 began, I started reaching out to people. Some people reciprocated, others’ responses were as dead as air if air had life. At some point I fell abandoned, almost depressed. But I pick up still because the other facets of my life were still glowing. I had a good career, understanding colleagues, I’m an “influencer” and I was practicing yoga.


What changed this year was I stopped reaching out and start letting go. At the end of the day, friendships are a two-traffic. It’s a hard responsibility and yet it is still a choice. Slowly, I’m regaining my confidence and I’m more content and in control of my life. Sometimes, Sunday is still a drag but on most days it’s awesome.

Edited to add some favourite raw photos from Bali :)













Hanna

RELATED POSTS

1 comments

  1. Hi Hanna! I'm sorry to hear about your situation. But please know that you're not alone, and you're not the only one who's going through these things. There are lots of people in the entire world who have the same situation as you. What you do about reaching out is great. :) If some do not reciprocate, it's not your loss, you did your part. Just continue keeping in touch to those who did! If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. ♥ And please know that God is with you. Talk to Him and pray. You'll feel better soon! God bless you! :)

    Hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    www.airishabella.com
    www.instagram.com/airishabella
    www.facebook.com/airishabellaa

    ReplyDelete