A day in the life

07:54 Hanna Tantoco 0 Comments Category : , , ,

A day in the life of Hanna Tantoco

I've been reading a lot of "Day in a life" posts by various people and mostly on Linkedin. I don't think I can share something as personal as a day in my life on Linkedin since my colleagues can see it - immediately :) I'll be doing 2 days in my life, the weekdays are pretty normal and it only becomes "more" interesting on weekends since I pack my schedule to the brim :) I'm sure a lot of peeps can relate to this schedule.










A typical Thursday

7:45 am
I wake up and prepare for work. I just need 15 minutes to do my morning routine really. With all my years of going to work, the toughest morning decision is actually deciding what to wear. So instead of spending precious time staring at my closet, I prepare my outfit the night before.I spend around 45 minutes commuting to work, I actively put my phone on airplane mode and read a book. A current read I have is The Unbearable lightness of Being


8:45 am
Is about the time I reach work. I reply to all the e-mails I have yet to reply to and read any relevant industry news. I check all the meetings I have and plan my day, by writing my things to do on my trusty notebook.

9:30 am
I go for a coffee run and I combine this with a morning meeting with our PR agency. I go through my BAU which is planning events with the Business Development team, updating our platform, preparing for RFPs etc. I plan and write a lot of content in my current role and I am more creative in the morning.

12:30 pm
I attend a lunch time yoga near my office and grab a salad on my way back to work. I eat lunch at my desk during most days.


2:00 pm
If I have any external meetings I usually plug it in the afternoon.


6:00 pm
I head out and grab some quick drinks with my colleagues downstairs. We usually wine down on Thursdays.


8:30 pm
I reach home and probably have a small snack while checking on my work e-mails. I like clearing e-mails while I have "dinner" in that way I have fewer things to do in the morning.


10:00 pm
I prepare for bed and I update my social media channels (this blog!) and Instagram mostly. I go through my 3-step night time skincare routine, I read a book, I update my US stock positions or watch something easy from Netflix and I doze off.


Thursdays usually mimics what the rest of my weekday looks like. I am such a stickler to my schedule, so if I meet up with friends or if I attend events I plan that the week before.


A typical Saturday

8:45 am
I wake up an hour later than usual, because I would usually go out with friends on Friday or catch a late night movie. I laze a bit in bed, calling or messaging my mom who is based in the Philippines. I check on my social media channels and then I get up to prepare my coffee

9:30 am
Is about the time that I go for my morning yoga or Pilates. Sometimes, I interchange this with a shoot. Mornings before 10:30 am are the best or in the afternoon 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm. I would plan my weekend shoots during the week as I need to block my photographer ;p

11:00 am
I go for a brunch catch-up with a friend or I hang around in a cafe on my own. Having time alone is really precious for me. I interact with a lot of people during the weekdays and being an introvert (yes, I am) I need to recuperate on my own. Sometimes there are PR events during the weekend, so I attend lunch time events as well.

1:00 pm
I head back home and do one or all of the following things - I do my laundry, I nap or I pack my stuff for late afternoon shoots.

4:00 pm
I have another cup of coffee perhaps and I do my brand shots, either indoor, outdoors or in another location.

6:30 pm
I go to the grocery to buy my week's supply of food. I can't really cook complicated dishes so my grocery cart consists of fruits, salad ingredients and chips ;p

8:00 pm
Weekends are usually the only time I have proper dinner. I rarely go partying these days (getting old!) unless it's a friend's birthday. After dinner, I either plan my shoots for the next day or next weekend, conceptualise campaigns or watch Netflix.


11ish pm
I head to bed. I used to head to bed much later than this, but that has caused a lot of sleep problems for me - insomnias etc. So I try to head to bed in a consistent manner.




Visuals from my Hokkaido, Japan trip last May 2017

Love,
Hanna

Instagram: @hannatantoco
Blog: every18thofjune.blogspot.sg






RELATED POSTS

0 comments