PHS HAIRSCIENCE - ADV Soothe Range Review

01:30 Hanna Tantoco 0 Comments Category : , , , , , ,

PHS HAIRSCIENCE® is a renowned name in hair care. Their outlets in Wheelock Place, Plaza Singapura, Ngee Ann City, Bedok Mall and Parkway Parade offer various services from standard to customised treatments, addressing different hair and scalp concerns. Their range of home care products are also extensive and most importantly made with the purest botanical essences. The products do not contain harmful additives like parabens, mineral oils or benzophenone.
I’ve been a fan for almost a year now so I was naturally happy to be gifted with the ADV Soothe Range (suitable for dry and sensitive scalp), comprising of Shampoo, Conditioner and Tonic. I have eczema and my scalp is naturally also dry, thanks to the cooler weather in December my scalp has calmed down a bit. Otherwise during extra humid months, my scalp will suffer from redness and flakes. 

Personal experience:
I tried the shampoo after teaching two back-to-back yoga classes. My scalp was dry and also irritated from the sweat.  The first reaction I had when I opened the bottle was the pleasant scent of Jasmine and Green Tea. No artificial perfume smell. Also, unlike many products available in the market, which are watered down, the shampoo is concentrated. After lathering and washing off, I applied the condition on my hair tips. Like the shampoo, it didn’t have the strong musty scent. I also like that it didn’t leave an oily after-feel on my hands and body. Last, I applied the tonic. I’ve to admit that I am not a tonic-using person. For me, hair care stops after I towel dry my hair. With ADV Soothe Tonic, I massaged my scalp with tonic using my fingers. This added an extra protection for my scalp. 


Summary: 
Although, chronic conditions, such as eczema and the humid Singapore weather plays a part in affecting our scalp, products that we use on our hair and scalp are also responsible for causing dryness and sensitivity. Hair colouring, chemicals like chlorine, and perm lotions can irritate the scalp by disrupting pH levels, preventing the secretion of sebum that keeps the scalp moisturised and protected. This results in a dehydrated, sensitised and possibly flaky scalp.





The PHS HAIRSCIENCE® ADV Soothe Range helps to calm irritation, prevent inflammation and nourish the scalp back to its healthy shape. While the PHS HAIRSCIENCE® ADV Sooth range of products has higher retail prices than other hair care products in the market ($48 for the shampoo and $108 for the tonic), you can share the products with your family as it is effective for both males and females. 


Not ready to commit yet, and want to give it a try? Click this link to get your free travel-size samples from Sample Store!

Otherwise, all PHS HAIRSCIENCE® products are available at Wheelock Place #04-12, Ngee Ann City #05-25, Plaza Singapura #04-34/35, Bedok Mall #B2-40/41, Parkway Parade #B-70/71, Takashimaya Level 3 counter and on www.phshairscience.com. You can also find them online at Lazada, Shopee, and Zalora, as well as on Singapore Airlines’ KrisShop.

RELATED POSTS

0 comments