Oh hey, Taipei

21:08 Hanna Tantoco 0 Comments Category : , ,

The last time I was in Taipei was in 2008 with my mom, sister and step-dad. I treated my mom with my first salary and the rest of the gang decided to join the fun. I remember I went there during August and it was blazing hot. We woke up early to catch the changing of the guards at Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall and the white backdrop of the gates were reflecting to our skins. Although I don't have any photos to back this story up (Read: I've deleted my Facebook account), I'm 100% sure I've turned 50 shades darker.

Fast forward to 10 years after my first event and I have another agenda - checking out all the food places and of course coffee! I'm so happy to be dressed by Purpur for the entire long weekend!

Busy street corner

The red house which was built in 1908 by the Japanese


I actually didn't realise until the day itself that the travel will last for almost 5 hours. I didn't eat the night before nor had any food on the plane because I seriously wanted to maximise my foodie experience in Taipei. The first thing I did when we touched down - was to get bubble tea. Priced at NT$ 40/SG$1.80 it was a steal. Also, because you can literally find all sorts of bubble tea varieties at every corner possible, it would seem like the go-to drink.

North gate

Morning sun

National post office | Bethany Wrap top in white and Denim cut offs 

My hotel was situated at Ximending area so the natural thing to do was to walk around the area. Within a few blocks is the 228 Memorial Peace Park, which recognises the February 28, 1947 massacre.  At arms-length is the National Taiwan Museum, sadly most of the exhibitions were unavailable.


228 Peace Park


Typical Yongkang street apartment 
A trip down to hip Yongkang area which houses the original Din Tai Fung is also a must! This is by far one of my favourite areas in Taipei because of its non-pretentious, cul-de-sac appeal.

 
National Taiwan museum totally giving the Mets-steps vibe

Fancy Da'an district area 


The Chiang Kai shek is also not to miss, especially the pond!



Mausoleum at CKS memorial

The very famous gates


Yunhan and Guangha Ponds


Love,

Hanna


Instagram: @hannatantoco
blog: every18thofjune.blogspot.sg


RELATED POSTS

0 comments